This summarizes my 5D / 4N DIY Trip to Iloilo City-Bacolod-Guimaras.
Iloilo City ones known as the City of Love. A province located at the Western Visayas in the Philippines.
A virgin island and an underrated tourist destination I must say. This trip of mine is very special to me, as I was able to discover my love for travel and the opportunity for me to write and start a blog page for my experiences. It was this trip that made me realize that there is more to discover in the Philippines and that there is no other time to do it but now.
This trip was jam packed with everything you’ll think about visiting at the famous sites. Initially, we spent each night and sleep at Ilo-ilo City primarily in Sarabia Manor Hotel and leave our things in the hotel each morning for our day trippin.
In this blog I’ll show you how we managed to cover all of it in our 5D / 4N itinerary trip.
Day 1 of 5 | Manila to Iloilo
Overview in Iloilo : In Iloilo City most of the famous sites are churches, museums and heritage areas, even the municipality looks amazing and fascinating. What is good about this place is the fact that it is the center of other famous tourist locations such as Bacolod, Guimaras and Isla Gigantes. Check out my food selection below as well. Churches and sites around the city proper can be reached by walking around and riding thru jeepneys.
Read my full blog here: Ilo-ilo City Day Tour
HOW TO GO TO CITY ILO-ILO CITY PROPER FROM ILOILO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT? :
- From the airport, you may ride at any van transfer services available on site. Basically they offer same price and rates for the trip at P150.00 | travel time 1 – 1/2 hour
GOING BACK TO AIRPORT :
- Van services are available at SM Iloilo Terminal going straight to Airport.
*budget expense is based from my own travel
Day 2 of 5 | Iloilo City to Isla De Gigantes
Overview in Isla De Gigantes : Islas de Gigantes is an island chain within the larger Western Visayas archipelago in the Visayan Sea. It is part of the municipality of Carles, Iloilo. Enjoy the serene view, fresh seafood, snorkeling and activities that you enjoy most.
Read my full blog here : Isla de Gigantes | DIY Trip
HOW TO GO TO ISLA DE GIGANTES FROM ILO-ILO CITY PROPER? :
- ride a cab going to Tagbac Terminal
- from Tagbac Terminal ride a Van Service drop off at : (travel time 2 – 2 1/2 hour)
- 1st option – Estancia Terminal – if you’ll be heading the public boat service going to Isla De Gigantes for P200
- 2nd option – Carles Terminal – if you’ll be hiring a private boat service going to Isla De Gigantes with the Island Hopping package
- Boat Transfer from port to Isla De Gigantes ( another 2 hours)
GOING BACK TO ILOILO CITY FROM ISLA DE GIGANTES :
- You may opt to stay for overnight at Isla De Gigantes or return at Carles Port after the Island Hopping
- Bus are available straight from Carles Port | last trip at 5PM (make sure to catch it or else you have to stay until the next day to be back)
- Bus from Carles takes 3 – 3 1/2 hours travel time since it is a passenger bus. It goes straight to Ilo-ilo City Terminal
- Ride a jeepney going to SM Iloilo or any part of the city proper you are staying
Day 3 of 5 | Iloilo City to Bacolod
Overview in Bacolod : Hailed as the City of Smiles, a quick Bacolod Trip would always be a good idea to be part of your itinerary. Rich with piaya and various delicacy such as sugarcanes and chicken inasal be sure to try them all and fall in love with what Bacolod has to offer.
Read my full blog here : Bacolod City Day Tour
HOW TO GO TO BACOLOD FROM ILO-ILO CITY? :
- Ride a cab all the way to Supercat Terminal (our cab cost P120 pesos for a 30 minute ride)
- Ride a ro-ro for a 45 minutes travel time (P 460.00 for 2 way trip)
- Arrived at Bacolod Terminal (main landmark in front of the terminal is SM Bacolod and the Manokan Country)
Day 4 of 5 | Iloilo City to Guimaras
Overview in Guimaras : Guimaras City part of the Western Visayas is where the sweet mangoes are known for. What’s best about this place is the places you could visit, site to see and adventure to experience. It was a whole day of tricycle ride to tour you around Guimaras. Make sure to fill your supply with pasalubongs as Guimaras offers the cheapest compare with Ilo-ilo.
HOW TO GO TO GUIMARAS FROM ILO-ILO? :
- ride a cab going to Parola Port (cab only cost P60 pesos travel time of 15 minutes)
- from Parola Port you may ride a passenger boat ride going to Jordan Wharf – Guimaras (cost P14 per person | travel time of 25 – 30 minutes going to Guimaras)
- boat ride in Parola ports operates from 8am – 5pm and it leaves even every 30 minutes once the boat is full
- Arrived at Jordan Wharf – Guimaras
From there, you may ask the terminal for the tricycle offers they have for the locals. Primarily cost P1,200 for one day tour around all the sites in Guimaras.
Read my full blog here for Day Tour in Guimaras : Guimaras : Discover the land of mangoes
It basically felt like a field trip in Guimaras, they have everything you’ll need for a travel. A museum, beach and resort, snorkeling and island hopping, site seeing food that is worth the try.
The last day was basically a pasalubong and last minute shopping in Ilo-ilo then went ahead to the airport to catch our flight.
If you are a foodie traveller like me, you may want to check out the following too :
WHERE TO EAT :
- TATOY’S MANOKAN in Ilo-Ilo City Proper – they offers the best BAKED TALABA I ever tasted!!! Perfect for lunch or dinner time in big group to enjoy more meals.
- MADGE CAFE – stop looking for a Starbucks Cafe and try one of the famous coffee shop in Ilo-ilo, situated along the market and city proper. Famous celebrities and personalities make sure to visit this hidden gem. They offer great servings of cold or hot coffee.
- PUNOT RESTAURANT – a casual / fine dining experience along Esplanade just beside SM Iloilo lies this resto house. The pasta and sisig was great and worth the visit after a long day.
- DESSERTS IN THE SKY just along Ilo-ilo City proper – if you are up for a quick frappe and dessert night always include this resto in your itineary
- TED’S LAPAZ BATCHOY in Ilo-ilo – You’ll see that Ilo-ilo offers the best batchoy. It is available almost everywhere around Ilo-ilo.
- FRESH SCALLOPS from Bantigue Sand Bar (Isla De Gigantes) – who wants fresh seafoods for lunch? Got these fresh scallops straight from the sea and was only boiled an hour prior our lunch. They served it with cooked rice and a special vinegar in it which makes it pretty more special. Ordered 200 pcs scallops since it is P1 per piece 😀
- MANOKAN COUNTRY from Bacolod – never missed Chicken Inasal where the best were served. Just along the Manokan Country lies different food stalls offering chicken inasal at a very cheap price.
- PITSTOP in Guimaras – never missed out the delicacy of Guimaras — the mangoes! Tried this Mango Pizza and Mango flavored spaghetti in the middle of our trip.
- So there, I wish I could help you with your travel plans and don’t forget to leave me a comment or email on how I could further assist you!!! — my fellow travel junkie.